For those who use Gmail, it's possible emails from Ramen Retirement (RR) will get filtered into your 'promotions' or 'social' tabs. To make sure you're always seeing the latest from RR I recommend setting up Gmail to ensure our emails hit your Primary Inbox. Below are some instructions on how to do this, courtesy of TechForLuddites (all credit to them, I just reproduced here for posterity and simplicity).
Move messages based on sender’s email address
This is probably the most common scenario and, fortunately, it’s also the easiest to do. However, you have to set it up in Gmail on a computer, not in the Gmail mobile app or even through a mobile browser. (You may be able to do it in the latter IF it lets you request desktop settings AND you’re able to do right-clicks or drag-and-drop on the device.)
There are two ways to move a message from the Promotions (or other) tab to Primary:
1) Drag and drop it from the message list to the Primary tab.
2) Right-click the message and select Move to Tab > Primary.
In both cases, after you’ve moved the message, a popup will appear that asks you if you want to do this for future messages from that email address. Click the Yes link and that’s where these messages will go from now on. They’ll also show up in your Primary tab on other devices as well.
Move messages based on other criteria
If you want messages to go into your Primary tab based on other criteria, e.g. name (if they have multiple email addresses), subject line, etc., you’ll need to create a filter.
1) Go to Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses
2) Click Create a New Filter
- Fill in the criteria for moving items to your Primary tab and then click Create Filter with This Search.
- Check the Categorize As box and select Personal from the dropdown box beside it.
- Optional: If you want all messages that currently meet this criteria to be moved to your Primary tab now, check the box for Also Apply Filter to [x] Matching Messages
- Click Create Filter.
Voila! Now the messages that are important to you will be sent to your Primary tab instead of Promotions or Social